In 1904, François Spoturno left his home on the island of Corsica and took off for Paris. It was at that time he adopted the name Coty and began his perfume business. François Coty was not just a professional perfumer, but also a journalist, politician, idealist, and multi-millionaire. To many he was a man of mystery. Monsieur Coty believed that perfume bottles should be beautiful as well. He believed that pretty packaging was more than just drivel, but also part of the allure.
Coty Perfume Notable Moments
- 1904 Francois Coty introduces his first perfume La Rose Jacqueminot – its famous bottle is designed by Rene Lalique and acquires a veritable status as a work of art. (There is a story about how Coty got the department store to carry his fragrance that is considered marketing brilliance. The story of how Coty actually managed to get the stores to carry his new perfumes is nothing short of legendary. At the Grands Magasins du Louvre department store in Paris, he tried in vain to convince the buyer to display his new fragrance, “La Rose Jacqueminot.” Then, perhaps by accident, perhaps on purpose, Coty dropped one of the fragrance bottles on the floor. It shattered. Women in the area — some claim they were hired by Coty for exactly this purpose — excitedly demanded to know what the scent was and where they could buy it. The incident convinced the Louvre and all the other department stores in Paris to carry Coty’s fragrances.)
- 1905 Coty concocts two artful fragrances L’Origan and Ambre Antique – these unforgettable fragrances are some of the first to mix synthetic and natural ingredients and would soon become prototypes of contemporary perfumery.
- 1912 Coty launches L’Or, a floral scent crafted to meld with the aroma of blond tobacco
- 1917 Coty unleashes his greatest fragrance masterpiece, Chypre. This fragrance will end up lending its name to an entire fragrance family, an industry first and a future industry benchmark.
- 1922 Coty’s new fragrance, Paris, becomes a bestseller in both British and American markets. Its release marks the first of 15 Coty fragrances introduced during the Roaring 20s.
- 1947 As Lancaster introduces its nascent skin care line which includes the bestseller Créme Embryonnaire, a new approach to anti-ageing begins.
- 1970 The Principality of Monaco appoints Lancaster “Patented Purveyor to her Serene Highness Princess Grace of Monaco”
- 1970s – Present time – Sun care products, simulated tanning products, breakthrough skin therapy products and hair care products are created by Coty scientists
Introduced in 2005, Miss Sixty by Coty perfume is a provocative oriental-floral blend for women. The sweet sensation includes notes of unique rhubarb, colorful fleur de bijou, and powdery heliotrope that meet a sensual dry-down. It comes in a graphically printed curved bottle. This is available in EDT Spray (1.7 oz, 2.5 oz), body cream (6.7 0z).
Heal your skin and bring your senses alive with the invigorating scents of The Healing Garden Green Tea. Infused with real green tea extracts and essential oils, your skin will feel refreshed and rejuvenated. This is available in Body Mist (8 0z), oil spray (1 oz), Cologne Spray (1 oz).
Refresh yourself with Healing Garden Juniper. A natural, outdoorsy scent that is rampant with the lively aroma of juniper berries. This is available in Body Mist (8 oz), oil spray (1 oz), cologne spray (1 oz).
Vanilla Fields contains natural notes of vanilla, jasmine, violet, bergamot, and mimosa to bring your senses together as if you are walking through a natural field of vanilla beans. A classic, but elegant fragrance with woodsy and oriental flair. This is available in Cologne Spray (.38 oz, 2.5 oz).
The fragrance of the pure Aspens come together in this refreshing, spicy, lavender and amber fragrance for men by Coty. Designed in 1989 with notes of the outdoors including woods, spices and natural citrus. Aspen is available in Cologne Spray ( 2 oz, 4 oz).
Jovan Musk Cologne is an explosion of luxurious, floral notes that work with the body’s chemistry to give out an irresistibly sexy fragrance. Launched by the design house of Jovan in 1973, the gentle yet manly fragrance possesses a blend of exotic spices, woods, and musk. This is available in Cologne Spray (3 oz), Aftershave cologne (4 oz, 8oz).
A wonderful surprise will await you when testing this old school classic: The exotic melange in the heart of this concoction of orange blossom and ylang-ylang simply covers up the musky, amber-like base which proclaims its message of seduction: “I’m all woman, come sit by me”. Coty’s Jovan Musk for women is available in perfume oil (.33 oz), Cologne Spray (2 oz, 3.25 oz).
Feel refreshed and attractive with the clean and long-lasting scent of the Jovan White Musk Cologne. A unique, classic scent, launched in 1990, combines fresh citrus with traces of peppermint, clove, and thyme, highlighted by geranium, melons, and green apple. The result is a cool, aquatic freshness that is best for daytime wear. This is available in EDC Spray (3 oz).
Created in 1996, Raw Vanilla cologne for men is a refreshing, oriental woody fragrance. This masculine cologne contains a blend of warm vanilla that meets with subtle tones
of wood, spice, and amber. This is available in Cologne Splash (1.7 oz).
Wildly masculine. Sensual and provocative, Sex Appeal is an intoxicating blend of exotic spices and herbaceous notes that has one purpose and one purpose only: to attract the opposite sex. Splash this manly fragrance on your neck and face and you’ll have to peel women off of you. This is available in EDC Spray (3 oz).
Launched by the design house of Coty in 1981, Stetson cologne is classified as a refined, oriental, woody fragrance. This masculine cologne melds together a blend of rich, woodsy, citrus spices. It is recommended for nighttime wear. This is available in Cologne Spray (1.5 oz,2.5 oz), cologne (2 oz), aftershave (2 oz), cologne splash (2 oz).
Stetson Black cologne for men is the sexy, mysterious scent of the American Wild West introduced in 2005. It is an exceptionally masculine merger of fresh woods, warm spices, liquid suede, and leather. The tempting fragrance comes in a striking black bottle with gold cap. This is available in cologne spray (1.5 oz), aftershave (2 oz).
Stetson Fresh is a very light cologne that will not overpower. It has a slight sweetness to it, reminding you of a freshly made mojito. Top notes are mint leaf, liquid oxygen accord, pepper and bergamot. Middle notes of green mountain air, rosemary and thyme. Rounding out this fresh scent are base notes of lavender water, birch wood, moss, leather and musk. This is available in Cologne spray (1.5 oz).
Lady Stetson lets you be the true American Original with this oriental/spicy fragrance from Coty. Cloudberry, vanilla, amber and white freesia come together to make this a fragrance perfect for just about anyone. This is available in EDP (1 oz).
Emeraude, from the famous nose of Francois Coty, is an Oriental fragrance for women. The original formula of Emeraude was launched in 1921. Top notes are orange, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are jasmine, ylang-ylang, rose and Brazilian rosewood; base notes are amber, sandalwood, patchouli, opoponax, benzoin and vanilla. This is available in Cologne Spray (1 oz, 1.5 oz, 2 oz) dusting powder (4 oz).
Exclamation by Coty perfume is a proper classic — one meant for a woman with attitude, style and wit that needs to make a statement. It combines the floral, fruity scents of orange flower, Amazon lily and jasmine with the crispness of bergamot and the sensual aromas of amber, musk and patchouli. This is available in cologne spray (1.7 oz), EDT Spray (1.7 oz).
The classic fragrance of Jovan Black Musk is classified as a woody, musky fragrance. Created by the design house of Jovan, the scent is mysterious, seductive, and daring. Jovan Black Musk is a rich and powerful masculine scent wherein dark wood notes meet dark musk tones. This is available in Cologne Spray (3 oz).
Sexy, mysterious and sensual fragrance, Jovan Black Musk Women works in conjunction with your personal body chemistry to come up with a dangerously sexy scent. Warm, floral and indulgent. This is available in cologne spray (3.25 oz).
L’aimant (“the magnet” in French) by Coty perfume is a luxurious and romantic blend of sumptuous florals launched way back in 1927. It was made for François Coty by Vincent Roubert and includes accords of jasmine, lavender, rose, cedar, carnation, lily of the valley, Tonka, musk, and sandalwood. This is available in cologne spray (1.7 oz).
L’Origan by Coty is the solution to finding your beloved sonnet. Florals—smooth, creamy peach and orange blossom with a fiery carnation-clove accord, which literally sparkles like a fantasy in this picture. It has the feel, the smell of an orange-hued fair organza, an
acquiescent liquid existence; it kisses your skin, it flows with you, it clings to your curves and you want to let it stick around for a long time. This is available in spray mist (1.7oz), cologne spray (1.7 oz).
Muguet de Bois by Coty is a Floral Green fragrance for women that made its debut in 1941. Top notes are orange, aldehydes, bergamot and green leaves; heart notes are lilac, cyclamen, rose, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley; base notes are musk and sandalwood. This is available in Spray mist (1.7 oz).
Introduced in 1994, Vanilla Musk by Coty perfume for women is a mixture of natural vanilla, musk, sandalwood, and cedar wood. This is available in cologne spray (1 oz).